All sod pallets are 50 yards and will cover 450 square feet. Please call us at 903-581-8868 if you need partial pallets.
Tifway 419 is an improved hybrid Bermuda developed from the famed Tifton, Georgia turf‑breeding program. It has a dark green color and low growth habit. Tifway 419 is used for many applications, but it is best known in the South for its use on golf courses and sports fields. It is also the most widely used Bermuda grass in Texas. This variety is dense, has excellent wear resistance, and is able to quickly recover from damage. It has poor shade tolerance.
- Best for use in golf, commercial, sport, parks, new construction and residential areas
- Dark green in color
- A blade width of 2.2mm
- Semi-soft texture
Climate & Planting
- Grows well in sandy soil and clay soil
- Spreads with above-ground runners (stolens) and below-ground shoots (rhizomes)
- Resistant to normal wear and high-traffic
- Good recovery when wear occurs
- Resistant to disease
- Very drought tolerant therefore does excellent in excessive, hot climates
- Does well in cold climate
- Requires a full 6 hours of sunlight a day
- In Spring and Summer, mow 3/4″ to 2″ every 3-5 days or as needed. Do not scalp. Never remove more than 1/3 of leaf blade in any single mowing. In Fall and Winter, mow every 7-10 days or as needed.
- In Spring, apply a complete fertilizer with a ratio of 16-4-8 (N-P-K) or a balanced, slow-release fertilizer with a ratio of 10-10-10. Perform soil analysis for best results. In later months, more Nitrogen can be applied to reach desired color.
- At least 1″ of water weekly is recommended to keep optimal appearance and to resist disease and pests. However, in periods of drought or high temperatures, grass will need to be watered more often. Water when leaf blades wilt.