All sod pallets are 50 yards and will cover 450 square feet. Please call us at 903-581-8868 if you need partial pallets.
Palisades was developed at Texas A&M’s Agricultural Experiment Station from a zoysia with Beltsville, MD origins. It is a medium-textured grass that is noted for its shade tolerance and low water use requirements. It is used on residential, commercial, and golf sites. When compared to St. Augustine, Palisades has a comparable shade tolerance, requires less water and fertilizer, and is a thicker, denser turfgrass. During extremely dry periods, Palisades only requires one to two deep irrigations per month.
- Best for use in golf, commercial, sport, parks and residential areas
- Dark green in color
- A blade width of 5-7mm
- Medium softness to course in texture
Climate & Planting
- Grows well in sandy soil and clay soil
- Spreads with above-ground runners (stolens) and below-ground shoots (rhizomes)
- Resistant to heavy wear
- Good recovery when wear occurs;very slow spreading
- Tolerant to insects
- Resistant to disease
- Very drought tolerant therefore does excellent in hot climates
- Does well in cold climate
- Can withstand up to a minimum of 4 hours of filtered sun
- For home or commercial applications: In Spring and Summer, mow 1″-2″ every 7-10 days. Shorter heights require regular and more frequent mowing. Do not scalp. Never remove more than 1/3 of leaf blade in any single mowing. In Fall and Winter, mow every 10-14 days.
- For sports or golf applications: Palisades tolerates close mowing, between 1/2″ to 7/8″. For these shorter heights, mow twice a week with a reel mower.
- In Spring, apply fertilizer after danger of frost or in mid-February in frost-free areas. Use balanced time-released fertilizer such as 16-4-8. Can use products with iron to improve color. Perform soil analysis for best results.
- In Fall, apply balanced time-released fertilizer such as 15-5-10.
- Requires 3-4 lbs. of Nitrogen per 1000 square feet per year for a highly maintained turf.
- At least 1″ of water weekly is recommended to keep optimal appearance and to resist disease and pests. However, in periods of drought or high temperatures, grass will need to be watered more often. Water when leaf blades wilt.
Customer Satisfaction is our #1 Goal! Our mission is to make your experience with us the best you've ever had! When you pick up products; you will never have to load yourself, we'll do it for you. When having materials delivered, we'll take care of the unloading too!